The Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Sector deeply impacts the talent landscape in Australia. The Commission has revealed the fault lines that run through many of our most trusted institutions and provided an impetus for wholesale change in how leadership and talent is rewarded, resourced and developed. Culture is King and trust is the new currency in Australia’s financial services sector. In this series, we share Korn Ferry’s point of view on many of the talent issues amplified by the Commission.
- Culture change starts at the top, but don’t forget the customer, by Tim Nelson
- Leadership changes everything – in the wake of the Royal Commission, trust is currency, by Nick Avery, Stephen Johnston and Juliet Warne.
- Recruiting for culture – how assessment can help uncover the ‘wiring’, by Anita Wingrove
- NEDs have a key role to play in identifying misconduct, by Robert Webster
- Seven key steps in culture transformation, by Felicity O’Shannassy
- The Chief Risk Officer moves from the shadows towards the light, by Amanda Williams
I hope you find these insights useful and we would welcome an opportunity to talk to you further about how culture and values can be identified when sourcing and developing employees and leaders. Korn Ferry can also assist with broader culture risk mitigation throughout the organisation. Our multi-faceted solution approach includes; leadership development, talent acquisition, assessment and succession and, performance and rewards enable us to assess and integrate the critical elements and outputs impacting culture.
Managing Director, Korn Ferry, Advisory.
About Korn Ferry
Korn Ferry is a global organisational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organisations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Learn how Korn Ferry’s experts can help change behaviour at an individual, team and organisation level to dramatically transform the culture of organisations.
The Royal Commission and the talent landscape